Team Leader Central Valley
If you want to be found innocent, you must go to trial, because it is highly unlikely the prosecutor will dismiss your case once it has been filed. That is why an experienced trial lawyer is crucial if you want to avoid being found guilty of a sex crime that you did not commit and that will affect you for the rest of your life. I want to commit my vast experience toward having you found not guilty.
“If you want to be found innocent, you must go to trial, because it is highly unlikely the prosecutor will dismiss your case once it has been filed”
Prior Elected District Attorney in Kansas City, Missouri.
Area of Practice
Extensive criminal prosecutorial and defense experience in federal and state courts before joining Innocence Legal Team. Included high-profile kidnapping, rape, murder and death-penalty cases that went to trial.
- California, 2008
- Missouri, 1973
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, 1978, Master of Laws
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, 1973, Juris Doctorate
- William Jewell College, 1970, Bachelor of Arts
- Elected Prosecutor, Clay County, Missouri
- Recipient of Thomas E. Deacy Memorial Trial Practice Award
- Graduated with Distinction, Juris Doctorate
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Bachelor of Arts
Jury Trial Experience
Involved in thousands of litigation matters with over 100 jury trials in criminal matters including: internet pornography, incest, sexual assault, rape, lewd behavior, kidnapping, attempted murder, gang murder, capital murder, drug possession, drug manufacturing, assault, battery, larceny, weapons offenses and driving while intoxicated.
Seminars, Classes Lectures
- Instructor, Maple Woods Community College: Criminal Justice
- Instructor, Police Academy, Kansas City, Missouri: arrest, search & seizure, interrogation
- Adjutant Professor, Park University, Parkville Missouri: Criminal justice
Employment Positions Held
- Private Practice, 2008 –present, Innocence Legal Team
- Private Practice, 1999 to 2009, Kansas City, Missouri
- Prosecutor for Clay County, Missouri, 1987 – 1998
- Duncan, Russell & Reardon, Kansas City, Missouri, 1975 -1986
- Morris, Mitchell, Larson,King, Stamper & Bold, Kansas City, Missouri, 1973-1975