Team Leader Los Angeles County
Our Constitution guarantees the right to the presumption of innocence. That idea is essential to our liberty, our system of law, and to people accused of crimes.
Bar Admissions: California, 1991
Area of Practice
More than 2 decades of adjudicating cases in Los Angeles Superior Court and in private practice defending clients accused of criminal acts, including sexual assault and forcible rape.
“Attorney Zebberman is a great advocate for his client. He is a true professional and possesses great knowledge of the law in the area of criminal defense. And combined with his experiences as a practicing lawyer and former Juvenile Court Referee, I endorse this lawyer.”
– Ronald Binder, Pasadena Criminal Defense Attorney.
- Adjunct Professor. International Pacific School of Law, Los Angeles, 2011 to present
- Adjunct Professor, Criminal Procedure, Real Property, Litigation Specialization, Remedies and Law Office Management. University of West Los Angeles School for Paralegal Studies, Los Angeles, 2004-2007
- University of La Verne College of Law, CA, 1991, Juris Doctorate
- University of Redlands, 1986, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Member, California Commissioners’ Association
- California Court Commission
- National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
- Tau Alpha Epsilon Scholastic Honor Society
- California Department of Real Estate
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- California Public Defenders Association
- American Jurisprudence Award in Real Property and Criminal Law
I have handled all types of criminal cases, from misdemeanor charges to serious and violent felony allegations. One reason I have a successful record of winning trials and resolving cases before trial is that I am willing to work hard on behalf of my client. I know how to properly analyze the facts of the case so I can focus on the key issues that are important in the courtroom. My belief in the right to the presumption of innocence, my diligence and ability to assess what is important in a case is what wins the best results for my clients.
Employment Positions Held
- Team Leader with Innocence Legal Team 2012 – present
- Partner Zebberman & Lin LLP, 2012-present
- International Pacific School of Laws, Adjunct Professor, 2011-present, Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Eastlake Juvenile Court, Court Referee, 2001-2012
- University of West Los Angeles School for Paralegal Studies, Adjunct Professor, 2004-2007
- Kuosaki Parker & Zebberman, Consulting Counsel, Los Angeles, 2002-2004
- Law Office of Shep A. Zebberman, Los Angeles, 1994-2002
- Huang & Baner, Los Angeles, Associate, 1991-1993