August 2020 – present
- Doctoral Student – Human Development and Family Science – University of Nevada, Reno
Research involving the intersection of human development and the criminal justice system.
- Master of Arts – Criminal Justice – University of Nevada, Reno
Thesis: A Jurisdictional Analysis of Franklin Proceedings: A Preliminary Study; Graduated with a 4.0 GPA
- Juris Doctor – Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Honors: cum laude; Certificate in Law and Social Justice
- Bachelor of Arts – French studies – Mills college
Honors: cum laude
January 2019; August 2019 – present
Graduate teaching assistant – University of Nevada, Reno
- Taught undergraduate students in research methods.
- Lectured and facilitated class discussions in matters related to criminal justice.
December 2004 – December 2018
Deputy Public Defender – San Diego COunty Public defender’s office
- Conducted over 25 jury trials ranging from misdemeanors to first degree murder.
- Participated in over 40 juvenile adjudications including 707 proceedings.
- Represented numerous clients in complex life top cases.
- Attended trainings on Criminology, Capital Cases, Juvenile Sentencing, Sex Offenses, Criminal Law and Procedure and Defense Trial Strategies.
- Conducted office trainings on trial practice.